Photoplay #1 – “Play” Guidelines
IN THE SPIRIT OF PLAY…(see last post)
Can You come out to play today?
Come play with me in my new Inner Path Photography experience: “Photoplay.”
Find your child-like curiosity, drop your self-judgment, and enjoy the thrill that you get from simply making photographs.
And do it this month shooting your feelings and experience of “Play.” Abstract, literal, manipulated, straight – whatever makes you feel playful or communicates your perspective of play – Make a photograph.
That’s it! Play! But wait! There’s more…
Of course, the experience of connecting with “play,” exploring and expressing your feelings and vision through your photographs will be pleasure enough. But hey, if you want to play even more, send me one photo, and now we’ve made it a real game.And weren’t many of our games as children sweetened by a prize?
* THREE WEEK PHOTO WEB POSTING (All)
All photos sent to me will be posted on my website for 3 weeks (until September 15)….for all the world to see and be inspired by, and for you to enjoy being a celebrity.
* MINI-CONTEMPLATIONS CREATION (8 Winners)
Eight creative playmates will receive an Inner Path Photography mini-contemplation creation – I’m designing them now – a small meditative inspiration of photography and words. This prize will affirm the ability you’ve shown to tap into your inner being and honor what you’ve found.
* ONE HOUR WITH THE MUSE (GRAND PRIZE)
One magical creator will be crowned the “Ultimate Visionista or Visionistus of Play.”
In addition to being able to put this title on one’s resume, and to carry this feeling of royalty in your heart, you, joyful player, will deepen and expand your art and life as you revel in one of the following Inner Path Photography Mentor/Muse experiences with me (the Muse, of course):
HOW WINNERS WILL BE CHOSEN:
First of all, I want to emphasize that this game is open to everyone – whether you’re a full-time photographer or you just started playing with your cell-phone camera. I may create other games designed for committed photographers, but this one is for all of my readers – life changers, meditators, and creatives alike.
Second, this is about PLAY, so I’m playing “Mistress of the Game.” Which means that all decisions will be totally mine, and since this is the first time I’ve done this, totally unpredictable. Basically, whatever I am drawn to choose, for reasons of inspiration/laughter/amazement/peacefulness/?. Which, I hope, encourages you to totally play and not try to be the “good kid” or “responsible adult” who takes the picture so it fits what is expected. There are no expectations. Be yourself.
(A little “Inner Path Coaching” here: As you consider what to send me, notice how your mind works – Are you choosing what makes you feel good and claiming it? Or are you judging your work and thinking it’s not good enough and pulling back? And…ahem – do you do this in your LIFE? More about this later…)
So Relax! Shoot! Play!
Send your creation to me!
1) This game begins Sunday, August 19, 2012 and ends Friday, September 14, 2012. I will be posting images as I receive them, so the sooner you send, the longer they will be on the website.
2) E-mail images to email@example.com. Please use 72dpi and no image longer than 1000 pixels on its longest side. (If you don’t know how to do this, don’t stress. Use the “e-mail” instruction on your photo software and you’ll be fine.)
3) Let me know how you would like your name to appear underneath your photo (full, first, nickname?) Your full name must be included with your image in your e-mail. If you prefer to not have your name posted with your picture, let me know, no problem.
4) If you would like to add a note in your e-mail to me, feel free. Any little stories to share, or caption to suggest with your image are invited. I may not be able to post, but want to encourage your creativity and how you think about your images and love hearing it too.
5) Your work is your own. I will not be using your photos for anything except to share on the website, and will not use any captions or writing sent me without your express permission. Names and addresses will not be used for mailing lists. I want you to play, and this is simply an event offered to you –
6) All work is assumed to be of your creation. Please do not get too playful and send someone else’s work – ahem, you know what that’s called (theft)…Also, of course, images must be legal and I have the right to not publicize them if I feel they are offensive. Don’t forget, I am the Mistress of the Game…
“Muse: A goddess that inspires the creative process.”